What the Wenches Are Reading



Click through to find out what's caught the Wenches' attention this week....

Amanda: This week, I finished Channeling Morpheus by Jordan Castillo Price. I truly loved so many things about it, but particularly the endearing characters, Wild Bill and Michael. I am skimming Fever in preparation for the release of Iced. I am fighting a Ty and Zane re-read, but that's a daily battle I live with. I started The Gravedigger's Brawl by Abigail Roux. I am only 6% in and I'm very interested. I love Abigail Roux!
 
Anne: I've moved on to Chasing Magic by Stacia Kane. This is a tough series to read, but it is turning out to be worth it!

Angela: I've been on holiday so it has been a great chance to read a lot. Still reading Lionheart by Sharon Kay Penman. Awesome book and I'm nearly done. Also read Unholy Ghosts Stacia Kane and I freakin loved it. I haven't been this excited about starting a book series since Charlaine Harris's Southern Vampire Mysteries. Lastly read Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill and enjoyed it, but not even in the same ballpark as Unholy Ghosts. I have the next four of the Chicagoland Vampire series to go, so will see how I go.

Barb: I finished Faefever and am on to Dreamfever in my Fever re-read. I might have skimmed the end of Faefever, but the beginning of Dreamfever gets me every.single.time.  I did not go back and re-read Reflected in You. Even though I really wanted to. I have a feeling I'll be getting back to it in early November, though.

Beta: You guys read wayyy faster than I normally do but this time I have an excuse I want to hide behind. I've been having fun in England these last few days! That does not however change the fact that I brought Barrons with me... after all I'm not THAT far from Dublin. But I'm all over the plays because I'm researching for a particular post we're having. What I mean by "all over the place" is I'm kind of going back and forth in all of the books. You'll see why later this month.

Donna: I'm still reading Darkfever (I can't believe it's taking this long). Darn work! On the plus side, it's nice to savour an amazing story instead of blowing through it like a speeding train.

Katherine: I'm still spending some time with Christian Grey, and I am in the middle of my re-read. Next stop, a very, very quick review of some of the Night Huntress highlights. *coughchapter 32*cough*

Kathi: I'm finishing up the Highlander series by Karen Marie Moning (Spell of the Highlander, Into the Dreaming) and finally starting my Fever reread! It has been interesting to approach it slowly via the building blocks in the Highlander books, to see how Queen Aoibheal set the stage for the battle she knew was coming. Next stop, Dublin and Barrons Books & Baubles!!! Very excited to be returning to one of my favorite series, heroes, and heroines!

Margo: On Dreamfever in my Fever reread. Will finish that in the next couple days and I'm debating on starting Storm Born by Richelle Mead or Bared to You by Sylvia Day.

Naomi Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon, that’s what I am reading now and it is sooo good. The story is about the growing disconnect between an Oakland, Calif., husband and wife. Alice Buckle, is the 44-year-old wife of a handsome advertising executive with two adolescent children. She is also a frustrated playwright and part-time elementary school drama teacher. She takes part in an online survey about the state of marriage in the 21st century. Dubbed Wife 22, she finds the anonymity liberating. But she becomes increasingly enamored of her assigned researcher.
The story is bittersweet, funny and sad, with a lot of real life situations and a lot of Facebook and Google, online internet connections. I recommend it for everyone who is married at least 10 years. Alice says, “I want to have a conversation with my husband that goes deeper than insurance policies and taxes and what time will you be home and did you call the guy about the gutters, but we seem to be stuck here floating around on the surface of our lives like kids in a pool propped up on those Styrofoam noodles.”

Olga: I'm reading Tangle of Need, the last Psy/Changeling (#11) by Nalini Singh and loving every word of it. I really don't want this series to be over- and it's not yet, thank God!- but I really don't know where the writer is taking us with the Psy.

Veronica: I've been busy with travel the past several days, so I haven't had time to read, but I'm looking forward to finishing up Gravedigger's Brawl in the next day or two and then getting back to my Fever reread.

Zee: Done with my Fever reread. As always, one doesn't just MOVE ON from Mac & Barrons. So still rereading bits and pieces. Can't.let.go. Also reading Frankentein (Kathi's post put me in the mood after reading Mary Shelley's inspiration for it, which happens to be the intro to the novel). Next on my list I want to tackle the Crossfire novels that come so highly recommended by the Wenches!

Comments

  1. I'm reading Angel's Flight (Nalini Singh) and after that I'm going to Gunmetal Magic and then finally to Iced! Then I'll dive again in angels, with J.R.Ward's Fallen Angels

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)