What the Wenches are Reading

Source

Nearly every Wench’s list includes at least one of three series: Chicagoland Vampires, A Song of Ice and Fire, and Outlander. But these aren’t the only books we’re reading! Click through to see what has struck our fancy this week.

Oh, and Happy Release Day, Chloe Neill fans!








Amanda: I’m still reading Magic Slays (Kate Daniels 5#) by Ilona Andrews. Kate is such an awesome kick-ass female!

Anne: I am skimming through Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires #6) in anticipation of House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires #7)!! I’m also nearly halfway through A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire #5).

Angela: Voyager (Outlander #3) by Diana Gabaldon is progressing very well. I hope to finish by the end of this week. I am completely in love with Jamie Fraser now. My husband has red hair as well, so this may have helped. The time thing is a bit hard to fathom. I don’t want to say too much and give anything away.

Barbara: I’m having that thing where, right after I finish a great new book, I can’t seem to let it go enough to move one to something new. Combined with working on posts and craft projects, I haven’t done much reading this week. But when I did read, it was Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires #2). Happy release day, Wenches!

Beta: I haven’t been doing much reading lately, but The Fiery Cross (Outlander #5) is still on my night table. I’m super excited about House Rules, so I have a date with Ethan, Merit, and the gang this week, woot, woot!

Donna: I’ve been very busy lately trying to get through my work so I can spend a week on a beautiful beach. My problem is choosing which book to take with me. My trusty iPad is staying at home, so I need to decide if I should take Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander #2) to reread, House Rules, or The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3). What’s a girl to do?

Katherine: Finishing re-reading Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts #5) this week. Would have been done with it but I keep re-reading all the best parts of the series so far. Too many to count!!

Kathi: I needed some light reading this week, so I picked up Julie Garwood's historical HEA romance The Bride, which a friend had recommended for just such an occasion. Set in the 12th-century Scottish Highlands, it fit right in with my recent Outlander and Highlander series rereads! Now, I’m rereading Biting Cold to prepare for House Rules, which I’ll start just as soon as my pre-ordered copy automagically appears on my e-reader!!

Merit: I continue my rereading of Chicagoland Vampires with Hard Bitten (#4). This time I know what awaits me, but my heart (and eyes) will be crying anyway.

Veronica: I’m still on Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1). Actually haven’t read much at all this week.

Zee: Read HOUSE RULES AND FREAKING LOVED IT!! Planning a reread tonight.

Comments

  1. Kathi, I loved The Bride! I remember picking it up at my sister's house years ago when I was visiting her. Great historical bodice ripper!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)