What the Wenches are Reading


Source
It has been an interesting week for the Wenches, though not necessarily due to our reading. Some were traveling, entertaining guests, or meeting other Wenches face-to-face for the very first time!!! Others just had a lot of Real Life going on. As a result, there's more variety in our reading, as we're taking a break from our big series.

See what we've been reading this week after the jump, and please let us know if you're reading something we need to add to our lists! We wouldn't want to run out of books...




Amanda: I have started Gunmetal Magic (Kate Daniels World #1) by Ilona Andrews. It has already grabbed me at 10% into it. Andrea is a kick-ass female, but so different from Kate. I think that I can relate to her more than I did Kate. The romance aspect is definitely more dramatic and interesting than in the previous Kate Daniels books.

Anne: I'm browsing through a few books right now for a post. And debating what to read next, since I've gotten so many awesome suggestions in the past couple of weeks. Also, damn George R. R. Martin and his POV cliffhangers. Damn him.

Angela: I've finished Magic Slays (Kate Daniels #5) I enjoyed it, but not as much as earlier outings. The ending was a bit anticlimactic to me. It hasn't put me off the series, but I'm hoping for better things in the next book. This week I am reading The Way of Shadows (Night Angel #1) by Brent Weeks. Basically it keeps coming up on my Goodreads recommendations all the time, so I thought I needed to check it out. And I'm so happy to see the number of people reading ASOIAF!

Barbara: I had a ridiculous week so didn't have much time for reading. Got partway through rereading Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires #3), but I am probably going to skim the rest of it and move on. I also picked up the audiobook of One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress #2) for my road trip, since Fourth Grave Beneath my Feet (Charley Davidson #4) wasn't back in the library yet. OFITG was fantastic as always, although I did not love the narration of Bones's voice. Everything else was grrrrreat!

Beta: I read House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires #7) and I abso-fucking-lutely loved it!! So many things going on, Ethan was totally awesome, Merit was totally awesome, Jeff was so cooool. I mean, the plot, characters, scenes, ..... gahhh everything was just so Uhmazing!

Donna: I was unable to find a hard copy of House Rules to take to Cuba with me on vacation, so I picked up The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt. It's a completely different genre from anything I've read before. Picture this: two hitman brothers from the 1850s — one with an appetite for whiskey and killing, the other sensitive and questioning what he does for his living. I haven't finished it yet, but already Eli has found a place in my heart.

Katherine: I'm going back to Dublin and starting the Fever books over again so that I can go straight through Iced again.

Kathi: A week of pandemonium in my household begat an unfocused reading agenda. I'm still reading A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2), but since there was so much going on around to distract me, I decided to supplement with something less complicated. I read Megan Hart’s Tempted and Lucia, Lucia by Adriana Trigiani.

Merit: I went with Guest Wench Natalie's recommendation and started the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones. I read First Grave on the Right and Second Grave on the Left. I don't remember the last time I laughed so much; thank you, Nat! So far this story is intriguing, hilarious, and HOT. If you haven't heard of these books, check out Natalie's review.

Olga: I haven't read anything this week. I got through a few House Rules pages, but then went back to my Fringe marathon, watching episodes from the television series that recently concluded. It's my second Fringe marathon already.

Shau: I'm reading and loving the Sabina Kane series by Jaye Wells. Sabina is pretty cool and kicks butt, the story is fast and dynamic. The characters are interesting and fun. Also, the series is finished, so I'm happy because I'll get a conclusion. BTW, currently I'm on book 3, but since I've been devouring these, book 4 better watch out.

Veronica: I've started the next book in the Immortals After Dark series, Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night. It's the third book if you don't count the first short story. I've floved seeing the Hie from Bowen's and Mariketa's POV! I've had some time off work, but the Veronica Mars television series has been competing for my reading time.

Zee: Haven't read anything because I was doing something WAY better!!


Comments

  1. I'd recommend the October Daye series by Seanan Mcguire if no one has read it.

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't think a lot of us have read that! I hadn't even heard of them. So thanks for a new recommendation!

      Delete
    2. I've never heard of them either. I just had a look on the website and they look interesting.

      Delete
    3. I had them on my TBR pile for over a year but a lot of people kept recommending them to me. They're all about the fae so there's not a vampire or werewolf/shifter in sight. Keep your eye out for a certain King of the Court of Cats. ;-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)