What the Wenches Are Reading

Source
Most of the Wenches are itching to get their hands on one of two books today. Jeaniene Frost is releasing the second in her Night Prince trilogy, Twice Tempted, and Head Wench Barb and Guest Wench Jennifer will be getting their books signed by Ms. Frost this evening. Also, J. R. Ward's hotly anticipated Lover at Last, book 11 in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, will be devoured by some of the Wenches starting today. A few Wenches have some other books on their minds.

Click through to see what else the Wenches are reading this week.





Amanda: I read the short story The Gift, by Lynsay Sands, found in the anthology The Bite Before Christmas

Anne: As I write this, I'm reading Dead As A Doornail, book 5 in the Southern Vampire Mysteries series. But, when this is published on Tuesday, I'll be reading Lover at Last by J. R. Ward!!! 

Angela: This week I read A Note in the Margin by Isabelle Rowan. Definitely the best M/M I've read in a long time. The story centres on depression and being homeless. I was wanting to cry by page 48, and I'm not much of a crier.

Barb: I'm still on Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows #3). I have only a few dozen pages to go, and I really wish I had a week to do nothing but read so that I could devote myself to this series like I really want to. I also finished the At Grave's End (Night Huntress #3) audiobook, and it was fantastic, as usual. I hope my library has something entertaining in audiobook format for my commute this week.

Beta: I've been reading Mercy all week. I'm on book 6 now, River Marked, and almost done, so I'll be starting Frost Burned soon. This has become one of my favorite series! Mercy is one helluva woman, and hot dayumn, I have another book boyfriend whose name starts with an A. *swoon* I'm eagerly waiting for Twice Tempted, which is released today, so I'll be reading that as soon as I can!!

Donna: I finally finished George R. R. Martin's A Storm of Swords, and promptly picked up book 4 in the series, A Feast for Crows. I have to say, GRRM is an amazing writer. Here's a sample: They watched Oznak zo Pahl dismount his white charger, undo his robes, pull out his manhood, and direct a stream of urine in the general direction of the olive grove where Dany's gold pavilion stood among the burnt trees. He was still pissing when Daario Naharis rode up, arakh in hand. "Shall I cut that off for you and stuff it down his mouth, Your Grace?" His tooth shone gold amidst the blue of his forked beard. "It's his city I want, not his meager manhood." In the hands of a lesser writer, that passage would not be nearly so delicious.

Jaymie: I'm reading the Channeling Morpheus series. I have a couple of books left to go, and so far I'm enjoying them! I'm reading at a snail's pace right now, thanks to real life getting in the way, but they definitely have me wanting more. LOVE Wild Bill! :-)

Katherine: Right now I'm reading snippets of different books in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, but this week I'll be reading Lover At Last!!

Kathi: I’m almost done with A Clash of Kings, just in time for the new season of Game of Thrones! I have really enjoyed reading the (small but interesting) differences between the book and screen versions of the story, and adding more depth to my understanding of the characters. Looking forward to a complete change of pace in the week ahead with a couple of new PNR/UF releases!

Naomi: I've gone back to Diana Gabaldon's enchanting world, since I don't think I'll ever have enough. This week I read The Custom of the Army and Lord John and the Plague of Zombies. These are stories about Lord John Grey, who is a side character from the Outlander series. I also read the Outlander novella The Space Between, which Kathi described here a couple of weeks ago. Delightful stories! I'm half in love with Lord John, which is kind of a surprise for me, but a good one.

Olga: This was my Black Dagger Brotherhood week. Lover Awakened (Zsadist), Lover Mine (John Matthew)... my favorites. But you know what I'm reading right this moment? LOVER AT LAST!

Shau: Currently, I'm not reading anything.

Veronica: I read a large book in a day and a half last weekend, so this week I did a palate cleanser and read some (very funny) fanfiction.

Zee: Haven't had time to pick up The Hollows since I finished the first two books in the series. But really want to start the third!


What about you, Saucy Reader? Are you picking up one of today's releases? Enjoying an old favorite? Reading something completely different? We hope you'll tell us what you're reading this week, below!

Comments

  1. I want to add "I GOT TWICE TEMPTED ON MY KINDLE LAST NIGHT!! I FLOVE PREORDERING!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently working my way through the Black Dagger Brotherhood books which I had not heard of until I discovered your website. I am on volume 5 (Lover Unbound), and have enjoyed them all immensely. Thanks for the great recommendations! I look forward to reading all of them, as well as the other book series you have recommended. I sort of stopped reading for a few years due to family and work commitments, and now am pretty much gorging myself on all I have missed. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow that makes me so happy! :D I love it when we get people to read new books!! Yay :D enjoy!

      Delete
    2. So glad you are enjoying the BDB books! I must admit I have a special place in my heart for Lover Unbound. I hope you enjoy Vishous and Doc Jane. ;)

      Delete
    3. I'm so glad you are loving BDB, and it's even more awesome that you heard about them from us!

      Delete
    4. Glad you are loving them. They are a good series.

      Delete
  3. HAPPY QHUAY DAY!!! I'm 4% into Lover At Last, and I'm already crying.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)