What the Wenches Are Reading

 
It was a pretty stellar week in the Wenches’ World. Look for a recap of Chloe Neill’s Biting Bad book signing in Chicago. Needless to say, the four of us who attended had an experience we will never forget. A few of the other Wenches are also reading Biting Bad this week, with some Kate Daniels, Red Queen, and Terrible rounding out our lists. Click through to see what each Wench is focused on this week.

Don’t forget to tell us what you’re reading in the comments! Don’t be shy, we won’t bite!


Amanda: I am still reading Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews. I am about 50% through, and it is fantastic! Wow! I am really on the edge of my seat!

Anne: I devoured Biting Bad by Chloe Neill and absolutely loved it!!! As I told Head Wench Barb, that bastard Ethan is going to make me love him yet. But, my favorite vampire, Jonah, had plenty of page time too. I’m going to finish up my Cut & Run reread and move on to a Night Huntress reread, I think.

Barbara: I’m still in such a state of disbelief and euphoria over the amazing events of this past weekend, that I can’t remember what I was supposed to be reading this past week. I do know that I finally got my hands on Wrong Ways Down, Stacia Kane’s Terrible novella from the Downside Ghosts series. I still have a bit to go, but it’s heartwrenching reading from Terrible’s point-of-view. This series is simply stunning, and one of the best urban fantasy series out there! If you haven’t picked them up yet, do yourself a favor and start with Unholy Ghosts. You won’t regret it.

Kathi: Reading The Red Queen, the second book in Phillipa Gregory’s The Cousins’ War series (set during the War of the Roses in England). It tells the same story as The White Queen, which I read last week, but focuses on a different leading lady. This time, it’s Margaret Beaufort, the mother of Henry Tudor, who was eventually crowned as Henry VII. She’s descended from John of Gaunt and Kathryn Swynford, whose love story I enjoyed back in the spring. I have to say I don’t really care for Margaret very much, though. She’s insufferably pretentious and self-righteous. She did manage to finagle her son’s way to the throne, so I’ll admire her tenacity, but I will probably never forgive some of her methods. This series is doing exactly what I wanted: keeping me entertained and refreshing my memory about two intriguing families in British history, the Plantagenets and the Tudors.
   
Merit: This week I read Wrong Ways Down, Stacia Kane’s Downside Ghosts #1.5. This novella is a must for DG lovers, and especially Terrible fans. It adds new layers to his character. He is such a complex figure—so sensitive, so brutal—and to see and feel Chess through his eyes—OMG!

Natalie: After this Tuesday, my evenings will free up, as family and friends will be back to their homes and not on vacation. So I’m thinking I’ll finish Fifth Grave Past the Light, and once I get that done I’ll start my reread of Some Girls Bite and re-immerse myself in the Chicagoland Vampires world! I mean, I now have in my hot little hands my signed copy of Biting Bad, not to mention fun stories of the adventures of Wenches! So bring on Merit and Ethan!

Shau: I’ll be reading two books: Biting Bad, by our favorite Chloe Neill, and The Darkest Craving, by Gena Showalter.

Veronica: I’ve been in a fanfic state of mind this past week. Gearing up for Supernatural VanCon in a couple of weeks, I guess! GISHWHES (the Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen) starts this week, so I probably won’t be reading much. In fact, the list comes out in just a couple short hours and I’ve got lots to do, so TTFN!!

Zee: Read Biting Bad this week and FLOVED IT!!! SO hard!!

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)