What the Wenches Are Reading

Source
It looks like summer is waning, and while fall routines are solidifying and the weather (in the Northern Hemisphere!) is beginning to chill, the Wenches are finding time to read, making dents in our neverending TBRs! And even better, we’re finding time to check in and share what we’re reading. New-to-us delights, old favorites, Wench recommendations, and more are keeping us occupied.

Click through to find out what we’re reading this week! And tell us what’s on your bedside table, in the comments below!



Amanda:  I am still working on A Clash of Kings. I haven’t had much time to read, and when I use my Book Hoarding 101 techniques effectively, I am thinking that I will never get through this book! LOL!

Anne: I’m continuing my Night Huntress read through this week. Didn’t have much time for reading for some reason, so I haven’t gotten very far.

Angela: This week I read The Blinding Knife (Lightbringer #2) by Brent Weeks. Fantastic book. Great cliffhanger ending and plenty of the unexpected. I’m now up to date though, so have to wait on book #3 to come out in order to discover what happens next. I’m really hoping Gavin Guile makes it out of his current predicament. And one thing I guessed in The Black Prism (book #1) turned out to be correct, so I’m pretty pleased with myself.

Barbara: I finished rereading Biting Bad during the car ride home over the long Labor Day holiday weekend, and it was every bit as fantastic as the first time! I also read Tear You Apart, Megan Hart’s new book, which she stopped by to promote recently. If you haven’t tried a Megan Hart book yet, I highly recommend doing so! They are intense and thought-provoking, leaving me feeling uncomfortable at the end, but understanding characters’ choices that I never want to have to face. They stay with you long after the last page, which I love in a book! Upon completion of Tear You Apart, I started the book that Vale is making me read, Red Headed Step-Child, book #1 in the Sabina Kane series by Jaye Wells. The first two chapters have been exciting, so I’m optimistic. Plus Vale almost never steers me wrong!

Care: Read a whole bunch of new things this week: Dishabille and Morphoses by Arden Aoide, Wrong Ways Down by Stacia Kane, and I’m meandering my way through Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnoses of Gifted Children and Adults, by Edward R. Amend, James T. Webb, Jean Goerss, Nadia E. Webb, and Paul Beljan, and The ADD Book by Dr. Sears. Apparently, I’m the crazy-eclectic reader this week.

Donna: Inspired after watching the film What Maisie Knew, I’ve started reading the novel of the same name, by Henry James.

Kat: I haven’t reported in a while, but I have been enjoying the Psy-Changeling novels by Nalini Singh. I’m on the fourth book of the series, Mine to Possess, and I’m thoroughly enjoying this new world. Every so often, I just take a long break from reading because I get in a rut. Well, these fascinating creatures have helped get me out of my rut, and I’m now re-engaged in the world of paranormal romance. Nalini Singh, where have you been all my life?! Thank you for reigniting my love for this genre!

Kathi: Still finishing up The White Princess, the last of the Cousins’ War series by Phillipa Gregory, and will be moving on to something new soon, but I’m not sure what yet. I’ve enjoyed these books, and watching the TV series based on them. They’ve got me dabbling in all kinds of historical research.

Merit: Read some romance novels, which I will not mention here. Some are better than others, but not enough to recommend here. In stressful times, I go for the light stuff. Now I am reading a historical novel set during World War II, which tells about the adventures of two young men in Leningrad (today’s Saint Petersburg) during the siege of the city: City of Thieves by David Benioff. I am halfway through this and it is thrilling, wise, and funny. BTW, David Benioff is also a screenwriter who has his talented hand in Troy, The 25th Hour (he wrote the book), X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and Game of Thrones.

Veronica: Doing a lot of writing, for work and not-work; not much time for reading this week, unfortunately.

Zee: Thinking of starting Sierra Dean’s Secret McQueen books this week. I feel compelled to read them after the whole Alpha challenge thing, and the main character being up against Ethan Sullivan (who is the fucking best!).


Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)