What the Wenches Are Reading

Source
 

A few Wenches are relishing their buddy read this week, while others are trying overcome a very busy real life to fit in some reading escape. Still others are working on Classics of literature or new treasures. Click through to find out what we're reading, and share your reading list in the comments below.





Amanda:  Real Life has gotten crazy busy, so I'm still working on Defending Jacob by William Landay. I even know what's going to happen already! It's so good, I wanted to finish it.

Angela: I just can't stop reading A Breath of Snow and Ashes. I was up way too late last night reading it. So much is happening and this book is so action packed. Is there enough angst? Hell yes.  Loving it. Thank you Kathi for answering my numerous questions on the book as I'm reading along. Plus if it wasn't for Kathi, I don't know if I would have made it through The Fiery Cross in order to read this fantastic book.

Barb: I've tried starting a few things, rereading a few things, but nothing is sticking. I haven't really been able to get into anything since finishing The Fiery Heart a month ago. Whether it's from stress or just a serious book hangover, I don't know, but I hope this rut breaks soon.

Beta: Like last week, I'm reading A Breath of Snow and Ashes and loving it. The pace has been picking up slowly but steadily and I can feel the action and angst waiting for me just around the corner. And based on how engrossed Angela is in the book I just know I will be too and won't be able to take it as slow like I could with The Fiery Cross. So I'm guessing I'll be having several sleepless nights ahead of me, since I don't have much reading time during normal hours. But the Easter holiday is coming so hopefully I can use my time well!

Care: This has been a busy week for me!  I reread Hot Head (how I love that book!), and Sharp Shooter so I could review it (watch this space for more!).  Then I started on Shadows and Dreams (Kate Kane #2), and am so far pretty enjoying it. I'm staying up Way Too Late reading it, so....  I'm calling that a good sign.  I've also been doing a little dabbling in curricular resources, read aloud ideas, and poking away at Living With Intensity, so... No dull moments here!

Donna: This week I finished The Great Gatsby and watched the film version. Gatsby is a perfectly imperfect character, and Nick Carraway (the narrator) is the moral compass of the story. They were the only characters I was rooting for. I found TGG to be a sad, tragic story about unrealistic expectations, the pursuit of love and happiness, and the differences between social classes. The movie was very well done. I think Leo DiCaprio was robbed (yet again). What does this guy have to do to have Oscar smile on him?

Kathi: I’m almost halfway through my buddy (re)read of A Breath of Snow and Ashes. Still really loving it—it’s a great mix of angsty and warm, fuzzy feelings. I will probably have this same news to report for the next couple of weeks, since it’s verra loooooong and I dinna have much reading time.

Merit: This week is slow, in reading. I am reading Fashionably Dead by Robyn Peterman; this is the first book in a series called Hot Damned. It took me at least 20 pages to start to like it, but as soon as I got over the beginning, and got used to the writing style, I started to enjoy the story. Funny, even ridiculous at times, sometimes crude, but defiantly entertaining.  A humorous  take on  angels, demons and sexy vampires. A fun read.

Natalie: It's the start of another week.  I have to say last week I flew through The King by J.R. Ward and I still enjoy the series.  I do wish there would have been more Wrath and Beth but the style of Ward really does try to make you fall into the World and not just the main couple of the book.  So for this coming week I'm going to keep trying to get through the two books I have started but lots of work OT this week so not likely to happen.  Hope everyone else has happy reading!

Shau: I've been reading The Others by Anne Bishop. Wench Angela recommended it and I love these. Colorful characters and an interesting world. So far there are two books in the series and, as far as I know, there will be two more. Can't wait for more!

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)