What the Wenches Are Reading






Click through to see what the Wenches are reading this week, and share what's at the top of your reading list, in the comments below!







Amanda:  I had to put Bloodfever aside to read an ARC (yay!) of Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews. I am about 14% into it, and it's coming along a little slow. I'm not counting it out yet though! There's some world building going on, and the heroine hasn't met her man yet. Things will surely heat up when she does. I am super intrigued by the magic talents some of the population of the book has. It reminds me very much of the Psy-Changeling series; just the Psy though. 
 
Angela:  I haven't read anything this week. I've been in a reading funk for the last couple of weeks and have tried to pick up a few books, but nothing has motivated me enough to keep reading them. I guess it's a good time to catch up on a few TV shows and put off finishing my reading challenge of 2014. I can always start to stress about that in November.
 
Anne: I finished Gravedigger's Brawl this week, but I haven't started anything new yet. My MIL just got into town, so I was busy cleaning my house all week. It takes much longer than it used to with Baby Wolverine around.
 
Barb: I DNFed the book I was reading, and I'm really quite sad that I couldn't bear to finish it, so that's all I'm going to say about that. I went back to Kristen Painter's House of Comarre series, which is the series that House of the Rising Sun (my favorite new find of the summer) spun off of. I am on book four, Out for Blood. Chrysabelle is still irritating me, and there are a LOT of storylines to follow, but I'm in it for the long haul. I figure, as great as House is, this series has to end well, right?
 
Kathi: I needed to read a book whose title started with Q for a reading challenge, so I read Queen of Shadows, then continued with the next two books in the Shadow World series, Shadowflame and Shadow’s Fall. This is a series about vampires set in Austin, Texas, which I particularly like because it’s a cool town and I used to live there. I am also enjoying a return to the PNR/UF genre after about a year of reading other things. This series has notable similarities to another series that is popular with many Wenches, but it is well crafted and maintains enough differences in the interesting characters, story lines, and plot twists to keep me interested! I plan to finish the series and write a review soon.
 
Merit: This week I read Queen of Shadows (Shadow world #1) By Dianne Sylvan. This book falls between PNR and UF, maybe Urban Fantasy Romance? The world in the story is strong, the heroine has unique abilities which I liked, the slow burn romance is good, it is only that the story is predictable, I read so many similar stories, the lonely girl with her hidden, untamed powers, the ultra strong, sexy as hell, vampire and the villains who want to destroy and bring evil to the city, this time it is Austin, Texas.  Still an enjoyable read.
 

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)