What the Wenches Are Reading

Source


There are a lot of old favorites, and discovering other Wenches' old favorites on our list this week. There are, and have been a lot of releases in favorite series to start our year, and it's not slowing down yet! The next Kate Prospero book by Jaye Wells, Deadly Spells (review here), and the final Bloodlines book, The Ruby Circle, by Richelle Mead (Silver Shadows review here) both release today. Will you be picking up one of those, Saucy Reader?




Amanda: I am happy to announce that I have finished A Feast for Crows (by George R.R. Martin) in my tandem read of AFFC and A Dance with Dragons. I am more than halfway through ADWD now. I truly feel like reading them in tandem was a great way to go. It made things more interesting by keeping chronological order to the reading, rather than going ba...ck in time when starting ADWD. There are also things I would have forgotten if I had not done the tandem read. I've been working on this series for over a year. The end is in sight! 

Angela: This week I'm reading Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon and loving it. I know it's taken me a while to get there. Dare I confess I'm enjoying Roger and Brienne's storyline just as much as Claire and Jamie's. No stomach churning medical procedures yet.

Barb: Since last we talked, I finished Iced and loved it even more than the first time. I then started rereading Burned, but didn't get very far before I got my hot little hands on an early copy of Lucky Break, the Chicagoland Vampires novella that releases next week. Look for a short review on that one soon. I wasn't feeling like jumping back into the Fever world after that, so I went back to Jeff & Fallon's CLV novella, Howling for You, while waiting for The Ruby Circle to release today. *sigh* This is the last Sydrian book, and I hope it's great!

Care: It looks like "Slowing down" is relative.  This week, I went through the rest of At Grave's End, then continued on through Destined for an Early Grave, First Drop of Crimson, Eternal Kiss of Darkness, and This Side of the Grave, wrapping up with starting One Grave at a Time.  As usual, I still love this whole world, even if Cat grates on me sometimes.  So. Much. Fun!

Kathi: This week I read Blood Games, so I am now officially finished with the Chicagoland Vampires series and ready for the new short story and book due out soon!! Y’all were absolutely right — the whole series is very good, but the last two books were particularly excellent!! This series just keeps getting better and better!

Merit: This week I read 2 books, the first: Vanilla by Megan Hart. This was a quick read. If you read MH stories, you know what to expect- heartache, some fun, angst and a lot of sex. The second book I read, Margaret Atwood's Stone Mattress, is a very different read. This one is a collection of nine tales (as MA described them, not stories but tales.) I'm still reading the book, it's vibrant and stirring, happy and sad, some are realistic, some travel to fantasy realms, all sharp, beautiful and delightful.

Zee: I have been reading a LOT of Amanda Quick. I can't get enough of her Regency romances even though they can be pretty formulaic. Other than that I will be starting Vision in Silver! The next installment of Anne Bishop's The Others and boy am I excited! I also cannot wait for The Ruby Circle, although it will be hard saying goodbye to Sydrian!

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)