Fangirl Friday - You Are An Obsession, You're My Obsession

Today, I’m going to talk about fangirling…fangirling! You can call it obsessing. You can call it being passionate about something. You can call it whatever words you feel fit your emotions. Whatever you choose to call it, fangirling is FUN! Join me after the jump to either understand why obsessions are fun, OR to validate your own obsessive personality! 

Here we go with confession time. I say “confession” because to be quite honest, you can’t just show your true obsessive self to just anyone. Many people do not understand being so into something so much that you talk about it all the time, think about it all the time, and want to spend any free time you have reveling in the object of your obsession. The most fun thing is to find “your people”. These are people that LOOOOVE the same things you do. Once you find “your people”, you realize that even when you both are obsessing about different things, these friends understand how you feel about said things. They are great listeners because they have been the gushing fangirl many times themselves!



You know that saying “I love being in love”. Well, I love being obsessed! It’s taken me a long time to come to *and admit!* that analytical conclusion. I’ve been a fangirl all my life. And OMG, I can't believe I'm admitting this, but Obsession by Animotion always struck a chord with me even thought I was only a kid when it came out! LOL! Back in the day, I was mostly fangirling actors and television shows. I was so “in love” with Michael J. Fox! I was also a voracious reader and loved everything Stephen King and Dean Koontz wrote. Sometimes, it was a show that I loved, watched, and even quoted, all the time, like Seinfeld. I discovered soaps and got hooked on Days of Our Lives in the 90’s. I would religiously record it every day and catch up on every episode. That was a fun obsession because I could usually find someone else that liked it too, so we could talk about it and/or watch it together.



 
I Will Always Love You...
(until I don't anymore and love something else)

In more recent days, I’ve been obsessed with books, book characters, and the occasional television show. The thing with me though, is that I tend to get obsessed with something and in time, I will be over it. I’m a fickle woman, it’s true. Since I’ve been back into reading, over the last 5 years, I’ve been completely obsessed with: Twilight (and Edward), Sookie Stackhouse Series (and Eric), Fever series (and Barrons), Night Huntress Series (and Bones), Cut & Run series (and Ty and Zane), the Black Dagger Brotherhood series (and Zsadist and Qhuay)…see a trend here? However, the thing is that I’m pretty much over all of these series and my favorite heroes. I still *like* them, but I don’t love them anymore. The one and only exception is the Fever series and Jericho Z. Barrons. And for that, I am SOOOO thankful. I don’t EVER want to not love Fever and Barrons.
Who Has Time for This???


Obsessions are time consuming! As an extremely busy mom of four, why would I WANT to be involved with something as time-consuming and thought-consuming as an obsession? Well…because I’m a busy mom of four! It’s an escape from Real Life. It’s my happy place. After I clear my head with a book I can’t put down, I come back to RL refreshed and ready! I have figured out that I NEED this battery recharge. And that’s okay!



Hopefully now you understand why it's so much fun to get caught up in things! The key is to keep it to a healthy level and not let it totally consume all your time, energy, and emotions. It's important to have an outlet, like friends you can obsess and fangirl with. And don't feel guilty in any way. If it makes you happy, then enjoy it!!!



What are some of your favorite things to fangirl and/or obsess about! Tell us below! 

Comments

  1. Loved your post Amanda. I confess I'm much the same. I'm over my fangirling of SVM, Cut & Run, M/M as well. I totally get the either obsessed or just so so about a series.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)