What The Wenches Are Reading




Let's see, scrolling down our list we have Fever, Girl Who, Fever, Sidewinder, Fever, Sidewinder, Fever, and Fever. I see a dominant theme here. It's probably because we are within the one month countdown to Feverborn. Not that we're counting. 

Happy Solstice and Merry Christmas, Saucy Readers! We hope you get a gift of reading for the Holidays! 





Amanda: Just started reading Burned again this week. I had forgotten how intense the beginning was...but scenes between Mac and Barrons usually are! 

Angela: This week I've been continuing to read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium #3). I'm enjoying it so far even if I've only managed to get a couple of chapters in this week.

Anne: I finally finished Drums of Autumn which had a fucking fantastic ending. I'm also into Shadowfever now. I forgot how long it was. But, I abandoned it to read Part & Parcel #3 in the Sidewinder series by Abigail Roux. I AM LOVING IT!! I'm having all of the feelings. All of them.

Barb: I'm still knee-deep in Iced, but I got distracted. I was having trouble switching to Dani's narration from Mac's, so I decided to find something dark and smutty. I had had King show up in my Goodreads newsfeed a lot, so I decided to give it a shot, hoping it would be a quick devastating read  like so many dark romances I read this year. It wasn't. It wasn't my cup of tea, mostly due to the "hero's" excessive self-loathing and the (in my opinion) gratuitous and over-the-top violence. I've read some amazing dark books this year with stomach-turning graphic violence, but this just felt pointless to me. Anyway, now I'm back to Iced. If I don't get distracted again. 

Care: Part & Parcel.  PART & PARCEL!!!  OMG, DROP EVERYTHING, IT'S PART & PARCEL!!!  GO AWAY, I'M BUSY WITH A REREAD!!  *_*

Donna: No reading this week - just lots of working and shopping. My daughter expressed an interest in learning how to knit, so I ordered two books from Amazon: Stitch 'n Bitch by Debbie Stoller and Knitty Gritty by Aneeta Patel.

Kathi: This week I finished Darkfever, read Bloodfever, and am nearing the end of Faefever. Plus I caught up on Fargo, The Walking Dead, American Horror Story, The Blacklist, and Homeland. Plus I did my holiday cards and letters, then packed for yet another trip. At least I don’t have to wonder what I’ll be reading while I travel!

Merit: Rereading news: Finished reading Faefever: "I used to be a rainbow girl, a sunshine girl. Now I don’t even recognize myself most days.” Pink Mac changes into a darker version, MacHalo, Voice lessons and the “OMG end” of this book. No need to say more. To ease my way to the next book, Dreamfever, I took a break and I’m watching the second season of an Australian TV period drama, A Place to Call Home. The story starts after the end of WWII and follows Sara Adams, who returns home after 20 years in Europe. The series is an engaging mix of secrets, lies, romances and heartaches, stiff social class conflicts and prejudices.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)