Fangirl Fridays - Fuel for life



A month or so ago I was on a seminar. A part of the seminar pointed out that people are like cars and you have to fuel your car; ergo, you have to fuel yourself. The woman that held that part of the seminar said that every now and then you have to think about what makes you happy and what are the things in your life that repair you as a person. She wasn't talking about big things, just those little things we do every day that recharge our batteries, drain our anger away, you know, stuff like that.

I sat there thinking about this. 

My work is stressful at times. I work with kids, and they are great. Sometimes they go a bit cray-cray, but who doesn't. It's the parents that drive me crazy, and my co-workers. Some pretty tough times are behind me. (Long story short: I had just started working and was thrown into the fire from the get go.). And so, I sat there thinking about things and realised I do have some things in my life that save me a little every day, and after the leap you’ll get a peek at some of them.



1. SHOES



This is my ultimate fetish. I love shoes. So much. It ain’t even funny. I fangirled about my shoes here. If I have some extra money I’ll use it to buy shoes. Maybe that’s how junkies feel when the get a fix, I don’t know. But I do know that they make me happy. All I have to do is wear a cute pair of shoes and I already feel a lot better.

2. BOOKS

My great escape. What better tool to use to escape reality than reading. I love to read. Whether it’s professional literature or simple fiction I feel like I leave reality. I tune out and leave my work and other troubles outside.

                                                                       3. COFFEE 
 

My fuel. My favourite cup is the first cup of the day. I have a slice of buttered bread and a cup of dark, black, no sugar, Turkish coffee. My 20 minutes of peace. The other cups of coffee through the day make me happy and provide a break and a few minutes rest.

                                                                         4. CAKES



My joy. I love to eat cake. My faves are those with a lot of cream, but I’m not really picky. They add sugar to my life.

                                                                      5. TRAVELING


A smile on my face. I don’t earn a lot of money. But I try to save as much as I can and go somewhere. Traveling completely relaxes me, takes me away literally and metaphorically. Nothing matters but the place I’m visiting and exploring. No one exists, no troubles, no jobs, nothing. But the best part comes after I come home. All I have to do is think about the places I’ve seen and the people I’ve met and I smile. I feel this genuine happiness and joy.


                            So, our, dear readers, what is fuel to your life? Tell us in the comments!

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)