What The Wenches Are Reading




Happy New Year, Saucy Readers! There's a lot of Fever going on around here, with just two weeks until the release of Feverborn! There are a few other choices sprinkled in, but mostly it's Fever time at the Saucy Wenches! What are you reading?




Amanda:  I am SO enjoying my reread of Burned! Fever.Never.Gets.Old. Also, I got a new Kindle Fire HD8 for Christmas, and I am having fun reading on it and exploring all the awesome features! 

Angela: I've finally decided I need to get on with my Reread of A Game of Thrones. Now I'm racing through it. I told myself I had to finish it before I could start The Martian.

Anne: I'm still working my way through Shadowfever. I'm not going to be done with the series in time for Feverborn, but I don't care. I'm enjoying going slow. I also started the Fiery Cross last week. A ton has happened and we're still on the first day of the book!

Barb:  Still reading Iced. I don't know why I'm dragging my feet on this one. I also snapped up Tarryn Fisher's brand-spanking-new novel. F*ck Love. Chock full of wisdom, I couldn't put that thing down. Maybe now I can finish Iced and reread Burned. I don't think I'll get it done in the less-than-two-weeks I have before leaving for the Feverborn release in NOLA. Ah well.  

Care: I've done no reading this week. I'm sad, but between hockey, more hockey, prep for second Christmas and post-travel recovery, I figure I'm doing well to just be upright!

Donna: Happy New Year everyone! I didn't do the complete series again, but I really wanted to reread Burned. Feverborn will be released in just a few short weeks now, so I want to keep things fresh in my mind. I think it's safe to say all the Wenches are REALLY looking forward to Karen Marie Moning's newest installment in the Fever series. Yay Mac!

Kathi: Shadowfever, baby!! I spent the weekend under the garage with Mac and Barrons. *fanself* I tried to read slowly, but I couldn’t. Almost done, then it’s on to Iced.  I also binge watched The Fall, and saw Jamie Dornan’s character scribble in his notebook a T.S. Elliot quote from The Hollow Men that appears in Shadowfever

Merit:  This was abusy week for me: I tried to go on with my rereading of the Fever series, but didn’t manage much. Finished the breathtaking Shadowfever, started Iced and that’s about it. I hope to get to the end of Burned next week.

Zee: I am considering rereading Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles again after a conversation with Barb! (at least up to Blood Canticle!) Also revving up for my Fever reread in anticipation for Feverborn book launch in NOLA!!! Squeee!

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)