What the Wenches Are Reading




 It's a mixed bag of books at the Saucy Wenches this week! From a favorite fantasy author to a reread of a favorite series, to some important classics and a little smut, there's a bit of something for everyone in our list. Click through to see what we're reading this week!




Angela: Finished the The Broken Eye (Lightbringer #3) by Brent Weeks and it was absolutely AMAZING!!! I still can't get the ending out of my mind. If you aren't reading this series you should be. Brent Weeks is my second favourite author after George R.R. Martin. If you love fantasy pick up either The Night Angel series or the Lightbringer series and be prepared for some great world building. 

Anne: I couldn't leave the CLV world after I finished Midnight Marked, so I started all over from the beginning. I've already breezed through Some Girls Bite and I'm on to Friday Night Bites. I love Merit. I also finished The Fiery Cross, which I really enjoyed. I know some Outlander fans have issues with that book. But, I really liked it. I decided my in-between Outlander book is actually going to be a series, namely Divergent. I've read them before, but watching the trailer for Allegiant, nothing about it looked familiar. So, I'm starting a reread, or re-listen, technically. When I'm done with these, it's back to Outlander for me! Oh! I'm also re-watching season one in preparation for season two in April!

Barb: I finished Some Girls Bite and loved every single page. I've moved on to Friday Night Bites and am really looking forward to getting to Twice Bitten very soon. Just one week until Midnight Marked, Saucy Readers! I also decided to pick up something deep from my TBR and started the Autobiography of Malcolm X. Wish me luck! 

Donna:  I'm reading Harper Lee's Pulitzer Prize-winning To Kill a Mockingbird. I don't know why I've never read it before, but it's a shame my younger self was never introduced to it in school. Rest in peace, Ms. Harper. Thank you for Scout, Jem, Dill, Atticus and all the rest.

Kathi: I spent a couple of days sick in bed, so I watched all eight hours of the BBC’s War and Peace TV series and finished reading The Sunbird. Then I picked up an ARC I’d downloaded recently of a new Colleen Gleason book. I realized that it was the last book in a YA trilogy of paranormal mysteries, so I decided to start with book 1, The Shop of Shades and Secrets. This was a fun, quick read that I really enjoyed, and I look forward to reading the other two books.

Zee: I've been reading Tessa Dare and enjoying the hell out of it. You can check out my review for Romancing The Duke here. I also randomly started reading Alisha Rai's A Gentleman in the Street because ... it's such a perfect erotica. Akira and Jacob are perfect. I suspect Alisha Rai tweeting a pic of a bearded Chris Evans as Jacob has a lot to do with my reread, and you guys.... yes. HELL YES.

Comments

  1. Love Colleen Gleason! Doing the same thing as Kathi...currently on The Cards of Life and Death.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)