What the Wenches Are Reading

 
Click through to see what we're reading this week! 




Angela: I finished Fool Moon (Dresden Files #2)by Jim Butcher and I’m intrigued enough to continue on with the series. There was enough action and surprises that I want to find out what happens in Harry Dresden’s life. Not enough Bob!  I started Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye. I can’t wait to finish it so I can read Kathi’s review.

Anne: I finished up Friday Night Bites and got back to my reread and Biting Cold. I'm also still working my way through the Feverborn audio book. I should finish that up and be able to finally start The Last Star, the final 5th Wave book.

Barb: I had to DNF Girl Through Glass for now. I was pretty sure that something icky was coming, and I was uncomfortable with the build-up to it, so I set the book aside and picked up something else. Then I was talking to a friend about Girl Through Glass and realized that I don't want to force myself to read something that doesn't make me happy. Honestly, I don't have a lot of lines I refuse to cross in literature, but there are still a few things I cannot do. I don't know if it will actually happen in this book, but I didn't want to stick around to find out. So I cleansed my palette with a light, fluffy, smutty ARC, 26 Hours In Paris by Demi Alex. Frivolous and completely unbelievable, this hot tale was just the escape I needed. Now I'm reading Zee's recent find, Big Rock by Lauren Blakely. Not too far in, I've only been able to squeeze a chapter in the last two nights, but it's fun so far, and told from the male protagonist's POV, which is novel. 

Donna: I'm still reading Modern Lovers by Emma Straub. This past week has flown by. I haven't had much time to read, but I should be able to finish up within the next few days.

Kathi: I finished Serendipity (Southern Comfort #1), and I enjoyed it so much that I zipped through the second book in the series, Forbidden, then started the third, Deception. These are delightfully saucy, light reading set in the southern U.S. with a good balance of romance, humor, and suspense. They’d be great for vacations, a lazy summer day, or a stormy night. I plan to read the whole series!         

Merit: Last week I read Vampire Girl (Vampire Girl#1) and this week I read Midnight Star (Vampire Girl#2) by Karpov Kinrade. I like the books very much. The story has a different, refreshing take on vampire’s lore.  Arianna, our heroine, must go to hell in order to save her mother. Seven princes rule their kingdoms in hell (among other supernatural creatures). Seven princes who are vampires, each one representing a deadly sin and ruling his kingdom accordingly. This is not hell as we know it, but a place where the citizens are vampires, fae, and more. Reading the books was a fun ride, full of surprises and magic. This was the second time I read a book by the duo Karpov Kinrade, and I’ll definitely look for more of their books, as well as for the next book in this series.  
       

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)