What the Wenches Are Reading

Except where it's winter for Angela! Sorry, Ange. 


Click through to see what we're reading this week! 





Angela: I’m reading Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye. If you love Jane Eyre this might be just the book for you.   It’s full of intriguing characters and I can’t wait to see what happens to Jane next.  

Anne: I finished up Feverborn late week and finally got started on audiobook of The Last Star, the final chapter of the 5th Wave series. Cassie Sullivan, one of the heroines, is my spirit animal. I also finished Biting Cold and, after some strong suggestions by Head Wench Barb and Wench Zee, I started Priest by Sierra Simone.  I finished it in a day and could not have loved it more! I highly recommend it!  

Barb: I finished Zee's recommendation, Big Rock, which was so fun that I went right on to the sequel, Mister O and read it in just a couple of days. They are both fluffy bits of witty romance with wonderful smut and happy endings. Perfect summer reading. Then I decided to continue that theme and picked up the first in a series that Olga loved, Tangled by Emma Chase. Alas, I have been distracted by Orange is the New Black, which I anticipate will take up all my free time for a couple more days.   

Care: This week, we've been traveling, which means lots of time for audiobooks, and a lot of story-hopping as well. This week, I've gone back to my well-loved favorite, Cut & Run (though I have to say I'm not entirely fond of the audio), and in the bedtime story arena, we've torn through Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and are halfway through Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. So. Stinking. Fun!!!!

Donna: I didn't start anything new this week, but there are several contenders jumping up and down on my bookshelf.   

Kathi: I finished reading Deception, another highly entertaining book in Lisa Clark O’Neill’s Southern Comfort series. This book is set in Charleston, South Carolina, and features some of the characters introduced in the earlier books as well as some new ones. Although each book in the series stands alone, reading them all adds depth and breadth to this community of colorful intrigues and southern charm. This series is a great summer read for me, with just the right blend of suspense, humor, and romance. I’ve already loaded up my e-reader with all the rest of the books in the series.   

Merit: I’m reading a lovely romance book, The Duchess War (Brothers Sinister #1) by Courtney Milan, a smart and touching romance. The background is Leicester, England, in 1863. Industry is booming, bringing with it poor conditions for the workers at the time. It’s a sweet romance, with engaging characters.      

Shau: For the past few days I’ve been reading Allegiance of Honor (Psy-Changeling #15) and like it just fine. Most of the characters from previous book are in it, and you get a glimpse into their life. There are two basic cases our characters are working on. In my humble opinion, this book was made for the fans and not a broader audience. Only people who have met the characters that appear in the book won’t mind its length and slower pace. 

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)