What the Wenches Are Reading





Click through to see what we're reading this week! 






Angela: I finished Summer Knight (The Dresden Files #4) by Jim Butcher. What a great read. Lots of action and I just love how Harry’s friends help him out. Karrin Murphy was pretty awesome in the book as well.  Also finished The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Hercule Poirot #1) by Agatha Christie and gave it five out of five. Fantastic mystery series and I plan to continue. I’ve been reading it to my son and he’s hooked now as well.

Anne: I’m still working on Hard Bitten, but I’ll be done with that in the next day or two. I haven’t yet decided if I’m going to move on to Drink Deep, or take a CLV break. We’ll see. In the audiobook world, I finished The Sight, which I loved. I have moved on to a narrative nonfiction book my Dad recommended called The Boys in the Boat. It’s about the Gold Medal winning 1936 Olympic rowing team. It’s oddly fascinating. And, it’s narrated by Edward Herrmann, which makes me a little sad because he died, but also happy to hear his voice again.

Barb: I still have Made for Sin and I'm Judging You open on my tablet, mostly spending time with Luvvie. But I also have a sheepish confession--last week's Captain Swan teaser from the Once Upon A Time season premiere sent me down a rabbit hole of Captain Swan fanfic. It's my first time reading a bunch of fanfics, but I think it's out of my system and I'm switching back to my books. That was fun, though! 

Donna: This week I'm reading Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning. It's not the first time, nor the second time I've read it. This time around, however, I'm also following along with the audio book. I just signed up the the Feversong book launch in New Orleans this coming January, so I expect to be immersed in the Fever series for some time to come.

Kathi: I’m still rereading The Stand. It just goes on and on. It’s awesome, but I’m glad that I’m finally beginning to see the end in sight on the horizon! Also, I finally caught up on watching House of Cards, then started new seasons of American Horror Story, The Blacklist, and (YAY!!!) Poldark!! Also, I got another friend hooked on Poldark! (Just keeping myself busy during Droughtlander….)

Zee: I haven't read much this week since I've been busy planning stuff for my sister's birthday. I did crack open Stacia Kane's Made For Sin which seems promising. I'm itching to read a good old classic mystery, though. So considering picking up an old Christie fave.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)