What the Wenches Are Reading





Lots of new books on our list this week, with a few old favorites thrown in for good measure! Click through to see what we're reading. 





Angela:  This week I read White Hot (Hidden Legacy #2) by Ilona Andrews. I now want my own ninja ferrets.  I liked this book better than the first book Burn for Me and Rogan is finally starting to grow on me. Even if I do find him a tad overbearing. 4/5 stars. 

Anne: The Wenches were lucky enough to get our hands on an ARC of Chloe Neill’s The Hunt, #3 in the Devil’s Isle series. I plowed through that in no time and now, I’m re-reading from the beginning. All I will say about The Hunt is this: if this is the last book, I am going to be so mad. I am also re-listening to Voyager before the new season of Outlander starts.

Barb: I had started The Veil and was planning to really get into it. Then my ARC of The Hunt landed on my doorstep and I shamelessly abandoned the beginning for the shiny new book. I'm not even sorry, even if life is making it slow going right now. This world is so rich and gritty, Chloe Neill has done a superb job with the series. 

Kathi: This week I finished reading Arabella and the Battle of Venus (Adventures of Arabella Ashby #2), which was a rollicking good adventure and lots of fun — look for a review soon! Now I’m back to a book that’s just the opposite. I’m rereading American War because it wasn’t what I expected and I need another pass to fully absorb it. It has been eerily surreal as current Real Life American events unfolded this week. 

Merit: I had zero reading time this week, unbelievable but true. A mountain of work, almost no free time brought me to this sad state, which I hope to remedy next week. I was able to watch a few episodes of The Handmaid’s Tale, the TV series adaptation to Margaret Atwood’s dystopian novel. I read it a long time ago and was both fascinated and horrified by that tale. I love MA works and even wrote a Fangirl Friday post about her. 

Shau:  I’ve been reading Immortals by Jordanna Max Brodsky. It’s the first book in a new series I’m thinking of dedicating my time to, Olympus Bound. So far so good, but the jury is still out. I’ll keep you posted.

Zee: Planning on reading Chloe Neill's The Hunt this week! Also Laura Florand's The Chocolate Thief and Isabel Love's Unconventional if I can get around to them. 

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)